Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Love on a Rooftop

Have you heard about the guy who live-tweeted his neighbor's breakup? I'm stuck between feeling that he crossed the boundary of tact (a bit inappropriate to share it all online--between friends, sure, I gossip with my friends. But on Twitter? I think that's a bit far.) and a bit amused that they almost caught him but didn't (now I'll always be suspicious of people on roofs next to me....).

But a gem of a quote came out of the whole ordeal: "I'm not talking about love on a rooftop in Brooklyn" is the perfect meta, and a line that sounds like it was straight from a romantic movie. *Swoon*, that's the romantic in me. Of course for my life, "I'm not talking about love over the phone from my bedroom floor" just doesn't have the same ring to it, eh?

Anyways, I've had this quote pinned to my Quotes board on Pinterest for awhile, and was inspired after watching a few Typography how-to and my process videos on YouTube. I am so thankful for all the artists out there who make time-lapse videos, tutorials, hints, etc. for beginners and other noobs like me. If you're interested in looking at some amazing typography videos, you should check out madebymarzipan. Her videos are concise and incredibly helpful. I especially used her tips from her accents video about adding arrows, banners, lines, and other illustrations to help the words come alive. As far as the lettering itself, I'm still having a little difficulty trying to deviate from my normal handwriting and reaching out into different type-fonts. It's much harder than I was anticipating! 


July 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment