Monday, August 3, 2015

Darth Vader and the Death Star

My friend (the same one who recently adopted the a new dog, Dash) just turned 30! We keep teasing him that he's finally an adult now, haha. But it's really kind of true. Your twenties are spent making mistakes and learning to live on your own. You're trying to find out who you are and who you want to be. And sure, we spend the rest of our lives doing all of those over again. But hopefully we're slowly learning how to become better, more successful people.

I absolutely adore this guy, and I know he loves Star Wars (he and his girlfriend have a room dedicated to Star Wars. It--and they--are adorable). So for his birthday card, I made this super cute kid-Darth Vader holding a Death Star balloon. It was inspired by an illustration I found on Pinterest and a few cartoon sketches of kids.

I really like how it turned out, and I think this is one of the first times I've used different textures and media in the same drawing. (And I can't get enough of my new pen, haha).


July 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment