Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Plans for next year

There are many things I'm excited about regarding my apartment next year. I'm so ready to live with other people--gone will be the days when I look up from my desk and realize I've spent the entire weekend by myself in my room with no contact to the outside world, let alone confirmation that the human race still exists. I will still have my own room (I've learned I need my space) and my own bathroom (albeit  it's smaller than a port-a-potty), but I'll be within a dirty-laundry's throw of three fantastic girls. I am estatic in only the way a 20-year-old who's lived by herself for over two years would be. 

But shh, don't tell anyone; I'm kind of the most excited (and horrified I will go broke) about the fact that I will be 3 blocks from my favorite art store. Like any self-respecting art-store find, it is located in the basement of a building with a back entrance and so many bright shades of art you can't miss it. I love it to death. 

I go there to buy more art supplies. I go there to cheer myself up. I go there to show my friends the "cool places" I've found in college, lol. I've gone there and been hit on by a cute engineering grad student. I swear that place is magic.

But anyways, in celebration of this exciting new future, here's a painting I did during my first visit when I was still knocked over in awe at this place. They have a little table set up for kids to paint and draw during their visit, and hey, I'm not a college student if I don't do at least one thing I'm too old for.

2014

No comments:

Post a Comment